You can not use GUI interface to format a disk with windows installed. DiskPart is the command line version of the Disk Management graphical interface. It allows you to view, create, delete, format, and manage any connected drives on the system.
Open a command prompt, type in:
diskpart, and press Enter
list disk — viewing the available attached drives.
select disk 2 — if disk 2 is the one you want to delete.
select partition 1
clean –when you’re in the disk you want to work on, it will wipe the entire disk
read more at:
If a windows 10 update got interrupted, which may cause it to fail repeatedly.
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0922: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105210).
One way to solve the problem is to delete all files under
Another solution is to make a disk scan to see if there is any system files got corrupted.
Today I noticed that my media player open very slow. Since I removed a hard drive the entire library in Windows Media Player 12 (operating in Windows 7) needs to be rebuild. The player can start again with a new database. With previous versions of WMP this was straightforward – I would get to the Media Player folder within Local Settings and delete all the files (leaving the folders). Now when I try to do this I get the message ‘This action cannot be completed because the file is open in Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. Close the file and try again.” Here is how I solved that problem.
- Close the Windows media player.
- Go to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Services. Stop the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service”.
- Navigate to: C:\Users\kwu\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MediaPlayer
- Rename or delete all files with .wmdb extension.
- Restart WMP and ensure you have the desired library locations and WMP should automatically repopulate itself.